In the spring of 1962, The Royal Ashburn Golf Club opened as an 18-hole facility, and has since developed into a world-class facility, ranked among the Top 50 public golf courses in Canada. Originally opening under the name Whitby Golf Club, the name was quickly changed to Thunderbird Golf Club, as it was known for many years. In the spring of 2000 we changed the name one final time to The Royal Ashburn Golf Club. The name was changed to commemorate our visit from His Royal Highness Prince Andrew the Duke of York in September of 1999 and to tie us into the community of Ashburn, who in the year 2000, were celebrating their 150th anniversary. Hence the name, The Royal Ashburn Golf Club, which is much more suitable to the first-class facility we are today.
To further reflect our history and contributions to the game of golf, The Royal Ashburn Golf Club was granted Armorial Bearings (coat of Arms) on September 15, 2006, granted to us by the authority vested in the Governor General to exercise the prerogative of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada.
If you love the game of golf…this is the job for you!
Royal Ashburn is looking for line cooks who are highly motivated, self-starters and take initiative!
The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure they are always current and up to date with industry knowledge in order to provide the best experience to our members and guests
- Thrive in an environment working together with team members to achieve personal and professional goals both individually and collectively
- Value professionalism and conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Challenge and encourage yourself and others to strive for “excellence”, and
- Live the values of Honesty and integrity!
Duties and Responsibilities
The line cook is essential to ensure efficient operations and facilitate a smooth flow of the kitchen. The role is accountable to ensure our high standards are maintained at all times.
Kitchen duties include:
- Food Prep
- Inventory control – controlling food waste and maintaining all storage areas in a tidy and functional manner/stock rotation
- Be creative, recommend and assist with the daily and weekly creation of specials
- Uphold our portions and plating procedures
- Ensure our standard recipes are consistent in quality
- Follow established closing procedures ensuring kitchen cleanliness is maintained
- Ensure to advise kitchen manager of any required inventory for ordering
- Maintaining the kitchen above guidelines established by the Ontario Ministry of Health
- Lifting required
- Repetitive tasks requiring hand-eye coordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast paced environment
Education and Technical Qualifications
- Culinary Diploma or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience in a fast paced kitchen (min 3 years)
Who you are
- Promote a friendly and co-operative work environment and work collaboratively with the kitchen team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Goal oriented, self-starter
- Possess exceptional personal character and work ethic
- Dedicated, self-motivated, persistent and willing to learn
- Positive attitude to always deliver the best service
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow instructions